11/08/2011

It's so damn slow, you're all so far away.




There’s a light bulb dangling from string, it’s slowly swaying up over my head now. As I jot down the words that will never be sung and wait for my headache to numb. The wind sounds as if the world is sighing, the moon is just a torn fingernail and I wait for my eyesight to fade. I sit and watch the screen for a message, some kinda sign that says we’re OK. But the screen stays blank till I turn the thing off and wait for my conscience to break. I hope you’re learning to listen, I hope you’re learning to stay, I hope you find what you’re missing and I hope that you’re making you’re way. I’m a headcase if I don’t keep moving and my head hurts if I don't sit still, it’s an itch that I’ll never stop scratching, it’s a hole that I’ll never quite fill.